Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday 17 miles + AeT test.

am) 9 miles- 1:02. Very easy jogging. I felt very good by the end, so...
I stopped in at home and drank 1 liter of V8 (and did the dishes).. Then: 1mi. warm-up to Waneka Lake. Then:
6 miles in 34:35. Average HR 157 @ 5:45 pace. 1mi. cd) home)

This day alone shows me that I am nearing my goal fitness for Austin. On the accurately measured Waneka Lake 5:45 pace felt very easy. Jogging really! HR shows the effort.. 157 is quite low for me.. ~20 beats below my LT.. all done after 11 miles. Good I think?

2 comments:

james said...

good, you think? Lucho if i had your fitness i'd burn my own. I'm looking forward to watching you rip Austin.

GZ said...

Dude - you are primed!

Let's say you hold that HR at sea level for the first half of the marathon - that would be doing 5:35s. That would put you at the half in 73 - and ready to rip.

GZ