Thursday, November 29, 2018

Thursday speed work/ block practice

 I took yesterday off because my hamstrings were sore from a crazy solid lift on Tuesday. Pretty sure it was concentric hamstring curls that did it. I've gotten completely away from concentric hamstrings and have just done eccentric or isometric. I can't recall the last time I did leg curls but it's been at least 2 years. Not sure why I decided to do them.

 Today was speed work on a soccer field. I set my starting blocks up in a corner butted up against a low concrete border. Then I measure (I went full dork and bought a measuring wheel thingy) out distances on the diagonal. I wear spikes and I really like the speed work on the artificial turf mainly because of the reduced pounding on deceleration. Trying to slow down when you're sprinting is pretty violent.
 I ran 3 X (30, 40, 50 meters) on 3:00 recovery. Then finished with 2 X 20 meter flys. Looking back at my summer logs my 30s and 40s were slightly faster today. Hand timing yourself out of blocks though means the times are close at best. They could be several minutes off.
 Then I went to the gym and did shoulders then dry sauna for 30:00.

No comments: