Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday

  My sons fill my soul and my life and my heart... my wife is a blessing... I can't figure out what I did to deserve such gifts. I ran today and broke my one month code of rest. I could have run 100 miles and it was so cool to know this. I see now that I am the black wolf in my dreams that sits and looks up at me with tilted and questioning eyes. I don't know how to answer his/my questions. I'm not sure what the question is but I'll keep searching for the answer. My scope of what I believed was possible has expanded though... I have always known that I could do anything I set my mind to, but now, this is a trivial detail. See it... and it will happen if you work for it.
 I'm dying for the first snow and the calm, cold silence of the mountains. Summer is boring and too simple.

4 comments:

Footfeathers said...

It's funny sometimes how others can see you more clearly than you can yourself. The minute you reached Winfield I knew you were going to finish.

When's your next 100? Duncan just raced grand teton 100 this weekend, just two weeks removed from leadville.

I won't bother dissolving your other rich thoughts in the post with my bland comments.

Emz said...

love this post.

Made me smile

Lucho said...

Tim- I have nothing on the horizon but training. You rarely have bland comments!

Thanks EMZ. Jut a little free flowing thought there.

John said...

This is a bit smarmy, but my favorite refrigerator magnet reads:

The best things in life.... aren't things.