Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday

 I was on the fence yesterday about what to do and today I accidentally did both choices. I had to go in to Boulder to buy a thing so I stopped at the South Boulder Creek path and ran 8 X 800 with the easiest one being in 2:41 and it felt like 3:30. Very relaxed. I am feeling the benefits now of training high in the hills and then running flat at low altitude.
 I bought the thing and headed home to our 4th day in a row of heavy snow. I headed out for the second run intending to cruise easy and enjoy the blizzard. From the first step I felt amazing so I went with it. Never pushed but never jogged either. 10 miles in 1:13:55 with 1754ft of climbing. 7:23 pace and it felt great. Solid day and very enjoyable day. The snow is coming down hard in huge flakes and no wind which makes for easily my favorite running weather. The silence up here is amazing in these conditions. Love it.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The altitude does amazing things for your fitness! My 800's killed me at 3:20! Still progressing...at sea level!

Lucho said...

Meg- I just calculated the conversion from high altitude to grandmother... it adds up to you being much badder asser. You're pretty awesome.

GetBackJoJo said...

I'm stuck on the fact that you didn't tell us the thing you had to get.

Lucho said...

Ya... I'll bet! :)It was actually 2 things.

Dave said...

Now that we're having some Spring-like weather here on Long Island I'm actually missing the snow! Thanks for reminding me of how great running in snow is! :)
Also, I know you've been up at altitude for some time now, but how long does it take to get the benefits? I mean, could you see it in as little as a week, or is it more complex? Just wonderin'! Enjoy the snow!
Dave

Lucho said...

Science would tell you 4 weeks at an altitude over 7800ft to see a benefit...

GetBackJoJo said...

I still want to know.