Wednesday, October 12, 2016

American flag

Lining out the tracing. I made the flag using correct flag ratios... too much maths for my feeble mind but I did it. 

Cutting 50 identical stars was quite challenging! 



I worked the flag in sections mainly because you have to keep the leather wet and it dries quickly. 

Done. I added quite a bit of shading to break it up and give it character and depth. The dye really brings it out. 


I'm not happy at all with how the dye turned out. Hopefully it will lighten up as it dries over the next day or two, but as is I consider it a fail. It's OK but not what I intended.  

1 comment:

Jim P. said...

Not matter how it turns out, it's not a fail. It's folk art.