Friday, February 19, 2016

Tabata/ Vo2/ hard.

 Ran ~5 miles first thing this morning, strict MAF so I walked some climbs. Then did a solid-ish leg lift in The Shed (video coming). Dead lifts, squats, calf raises. 40 total reps on each with descending reps. I usually do 12/10/8/6/4 reps with increasing weight and make the last 2 sets a struggle. Then I jumped on the bike. 10 miles with 1800ft of climbing (yep, Bacon Strip) with 10 X 30" best efforts on 30" as easy as I could. This was all uphill so the "easy" wasn't so much. This week I also switched from my 172.5mm compact cranks back to my 175mm standard crankset. So my small ring went from a 34 to a 39, or about a 12% increase. I feel it for sure but I'm finally strong enough to spin it on all but a few climbs. And those climbs I couldn't spin the 34 anyway.
 Mom said she's sorry for the wind... haven't heard back from Gopro.

No comments: