Monday, September 8, 2014

Leather fly rod case

52" long. Over 400 hand stitches. 7 trout. 13 flies. Mahogany antique finish.


Last minute change was adding this piece to close off the reel case. This was easily the most difficult sewing. The original idea wouldn't have been nearly this cool though. 

All told there are 13 flies on the case. 

Probably my favorite image is the trout tail that I added last minute when I couldn't figure out what to put in that space. 



#glassisnotdead











2 comments:

Hibernation said...

That's completely awesome! Very nice work!

Steve Day said...

Lucho! I just finished my first ultra marathon, the 50 mile Sulphur Springs trail race outside of Toronto, Canada. I listened to every Ask The Ultrarunner on Endurance Planet and can thank that for getting me to the finish line. Great advice on pacing, heart rate, nutrition, strategy, gear, mental approach, and everything else. I'm hurting real bad from the waist down right now but it was well worth it. Thanks for sharing your passion and knowledge with the world!

My ultra race report -

http://almostultra.blogspot.ca/2015/05/sulphur-springs-race-report-50-miles.html

Cheers,
Steve