Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday nada

And I'll find strength in pain
And I will change my ways
I'll know my name as it's called again
Cause I have other things to fill my time
You take what is yours and I'll take mine
Now let me at the truth
Which will refresh my broken mind

 The day (bedroom remodel) got away from me. I decided to put another coat of plaster on the drywall and then I finished trimming the new window. Then I primed the entire room. NOW it's on to the floor... maybe.
 I realized after my podcast with ultrarunnerpodcast.com that I totally misspoke at one point. The discussion was on beer and somehow a question as to what triathletes drink, or something like that, came up. I said triathletes are more 'snooty' and they prefer mixed drinks. The word I was trying to think of was 'refined'. Not sure why I said snooty. Just a preemptive clarification... people who know me know I'm really a triathlete that doesn't swim.
 I have $900 in my checking account ready for Leadman registration. I saved a couple hundred more expecting the entry fee to go up. That's what it does right? I remember my first Ironman in Kona I think I paid $250... now it's $650. 5k's used to $10.00. I even remember buying a pack of smokes for $1.50. Errr, never mind.

2 comments:

Damie said...

ah yes. and I definitely remember when they went above $2 as that was a little annoying. ;)

PaulDJesse said...

Awww yes...the days of walking up hill both ways to school in 5 feet of snow. The good old days!

Wait, isn't that pretty much what you do now for training?