Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday rest day + week review

 19.5 hours total last week. Somewhere around 6 of that was running, so ~13.5 hours of biking which is solid. Nearly all of that was between 8000-11,000ft altitude with very good vertical. 5 hours with a pro mountain biker which, in my book, is worth 20. The 30 mile long run wasn't even a blip on my physical radar, and considering that my weekly average mileage for the past ~16 weeks is in the 30 mile range, that's good.
 I really only have one more week before I rest for the Silver Rush 50 bike/ run so this coming week I have penciled in 22-25 hours but in 6 days as today was camping and rest. Silver Rush 50 bike is my focus and the run is an afterthought so the week will be almost completely in the saddle but I do want a 40 mile run on Thursday. With that said, on race day if I feel good I'll go with the leaders on the run until blow, nothing to lose. The key to my running well lies 100% in how hard the bike is, which is 100% about how fit I am on the bike. Ergo, to run well I need to be super bike fit. I'm giddy with nerves to do, yet again, something I've never done before even at the ripe old age of almost 40. Both the Silver Rushes and the Leadville 100 will be foreign territory.

6 comments:

Matt said...

Blah blah blah... Sounds like an old ironman telling us all how it's done. Sounds killer.

Did you see the belgium destroyed the IM record? That's your guy from what I remember. What's up with the Belgians?

Stellar stuff, TW.

James said...

Look forward to meeting you at Silver Rush. The offer for the beer afterward is still there!

James

Trigirlpink said...

Looking forward to see you race!

trudginalong said...

So you're sticking to the 6 runs theory, but you didn't say that they'd be 30-40 miles each ;) I have a feeling the leaders will be going with you at SR...

Lucho said...

Matt- Exactly... I AM an old Ironman guy turned hobby jogger. If I knew how it was done though I would still be in the game. The Belgies... hard upbringing plus they have few other sports to lure kids to. Like the Kenyans.

James- I imagine I'll be knackered and driving home!

TGP- Are you going to be there?

Patrick- Ya, I left that bit out. No Henshaw, who else is running then? If I feel good I'll push early... you're coming right?

trudginalong said...

I'm gonna jump on your back and go for a ride :) Luke Crespin will be at the race, not sure what kind of shape he's in. He typically is a fast guy in shorter stuff, but hasn't run well in a longer event, yet.