Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday recovery jogging

 Yesterday sort of kicked my butt. It was the hardest run I did all week with the entire run done as a hill fartlek. Before I started I did a ~10:00 stretch cord warm-up which is basically plyometrics with a stretch cord attached to my ankles. This allows me to get more out of a 10 mile run by reducing my running warm-up time. I started out feeling loose and warm and by the 1/2 mile I was killing it. The route I ran yesterday has tons of rollers particularly at the top of The Col Du Wondervu. The hill fartlek runs are turning out to be my favorite workout as it allows a wide range of effort modulation by feel and it's also perfect for picture taking which were recovery intervals. On the long climbs I held what felt like HR 160-170, so somewhat comfortable and controlled and on the shorter climbs I maxed out and would launch in to a suicidal effort working on building power and true speed uphill. And then everything in between. 
 Today was easy jogging and exploring a few private roads. I ran down one road that had a sign for property for sale so I figured if I got stopped I would just say I was going to look at the property. The road dropped down to a jeep track above Walker and ended at the rail road tracks on Eldorado Mountain. Some amazing and pristine land back there!

2 comments:

GZ said...

True fartlek.

Your comment on the wanting of flat cracked me up a bit. We are both taking advantage of what is just outside our door ... and I want a hill or two.

What happened to the Scott F post?

Lucho said...

Yes, true fartlek. Undetermined distance or time or effort. Perfect.

I deleted the Scott F post partly unsure what people would think of my music choice and partly because I want to keep it to myself. 100% childish... and I hope I stay that way forever.