Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday 4 miles + bike

am) Biked 1:00 to try to shake off the last 3 days of driving.. legs feel like crap.
pm) Jog 4 miles. Slow and plodding. HR went straight to 145 in the first 2'.. legs feel like crap.

I am a...

I recently bought my dream bike- an Independent Fabrications mountain bike... but I am going to sell it. I discovered the 29'er bikes and have parted together the bike below.. the first pic is the difference between a 26" wheel and a 29" wheel.

The frame is made by On-One from the UK. All steel (including the Black Ops fork) and this is their logo. The model is 'Inbred'.

My "hood ornament" mojo..

Single speed with 44 X 18 gearing. The seat bag is for my lunch.

6 comments:

jameson said...

I love that bike! My SS MTB is a 26'er... I want a 29'er!

Lucho said...

It rides SWEEEET! The 29er wheels make a huge difference. On a non-technical course I would bet you'd rock the bike, even more than you already do.
I bought the frame on e-bay for $120. The wheel set for $80. The fork for $14. I already had all the other parts.
It's bad ass.

Anonymous said...

Dude! That thing rocks! I want one! E-bay huh? Sounds like a good deal to me. I've never ridden a 29'er but for that price it pays to give it a try. That and I love the "inbred" name of the bike!

Lucho said...

Dave- I would recommend a 29er.. or at least test ride one. The difference is astonishing in terms of speed and absorbing the small bumps. Even with a steel fork this thing is smooth.

Amber and Eric Rydholm said...

Well the poor IF doesn't have a crankset, so its not a fair comparison.

Lucho said...

Ya- I have a full XTR group that came with the IF but took it all off to "save" it. I may put the XTR cranks on the Inbred. It's going to be tough to part with the IF..