Monday, July 24, 2017

Monday Speed with a little endurance

     Coach had me doing a 300/ 100 (split 400) session today but I flexed and changed it to speed. My weakness. Legs felt OK, tight but activated and strong.
 The usual warm-up.
 Then: 100- 13.7. Still getting loose and warmed up.
200- 26.7. Not a true "speed" interval and since I rested only 6:00 after these it tips over into endurance slightly.
200- 26.9.
100- 12.7. My starts suck. They feel fast but the watch doesn't lie. I still stumble every few but it's getting better. The explosive requirement is something I've never worked on. I've done a little box jumps with a weight vest but think I need a lot more. I also have too high knee lift in the first ~10 meters which only reduces my foot speed as it requires far more recovery. Think short, choppy steps.
100- 12.9.
 Then 6 X starts. Weak.

    My ankles start to ache after these sessions and I realized it's 100% due to the deceleration after I finish an interval. Going from top speed to trying to slow down just beats the crap out of my ankles. So today I tried to just relax and let speed bleed off more gradual. It helped.

No comments: