Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Wednesday

3.87 miles in 39:36. 10:14 pace. 658 feet of climbing with average HR 145. Max 156.
Not really a test so much as just getting an idea as to how much work I have ahead. Starting from scratch is never easy.
 I could use this run as a baseline test but I think a proper warm-up is a critical aspect to good testing and the terrain doesn't really allow that. I could jump on the treadmill and do the warm-up but I'm not that concerned. The Nederland track is 14 miles away so I'll probably test there. It sits at 8400ft altitude which I think is fine since I've lived at 8200ft for 6 years now. I do think true MAF (and fat adaptation) is heavily affected by altitude but again, since I live here it is specific to me. And really if I think about it testing at lower elevations would make less sense.
  Ya, odd distance but I had a phone call at 7:00 and had to get home. HR average 145/ max 156 so definitely not a true MAF run. Tons of walking as usual but that corrects itself quick. 658ft of vert today gives me 8600ft of gain so far this week, I biked Monday and Tuesday. And speaking of MAF I won't be using the 180-age formula, rather I'll be using experience and more of a zone based range. HR 140-150 will be my training range and I know that this is plenty moderate to serve the purpose. It would be more Zone 2 than MAF.

No comments: