Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday 34+ miles

34.6 miles. Average 7:54 pace (~10" per mile faster than my goal). Challenging, not difficult. I ran 4 loops of 8.6 miles and Bob joined me for the first 3 then I bumped in to Kerrie and she ran a few miles with me then I finished the last loop alone. I started too fast, or at least much faster than goal pace. I wanted to run right at 8:05 per mile (that's the course record pace for Dizzyfifties) and we went through the marathon in 3:24. I felt good and it was difficult to not run 7:30 pace or faster. Once I would back off and run 8:00 pace I felt kind of crappy. Speed back up and I felt fine. I slowed down a bunch on the last lap trying to hold back to make sure I wasn't in over my head. I don't think I was. Like I said- challenging but not hard.
Nutrition needs work and I don't feel fit, not fit like I have been that's for sure. I have work to do.

8 comments:

J.P. Patrick said...

Where/what was the loop? Walker Ranch?

Lucho said...

JP- I'm truly flattered. No, this was quite flat, half asphalt half cinder trail. Cherryvale/ South Bolder starting at Bobo Link trail head.
When I can do this run on Walker... watch out.

J.P. Patrick said...

Yeah... I did the math in my head after I posted and thought that may be a little aggressive for four loops up there. Wait until Spring though!!

Anonymous said...

Dude,

8:05 is a sandbag for you for 50 miles. You can easily do 7:30 and blow out the course record.

Eric

Lucho said...

JP- Maybe if I get fit!
Eric- Maybe if I get fit! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

GetBackJoJo said...

Did you mean to reference V.F. on #8 of your list on the side bar?
Just curious.
If you're not fit, while being able to run that long, and that terrain, at that hr, all under sub 8 pace, then shit, what is it to be fit???
;)

Lucho said...

Mary- What is V.F.? Abbreviations kill me. I just meant that I've been much fitter in recent months. After I bagged Chicago I messed around too much and haven't run much.

GetBackJoJo said...

violent femmes. and i'm just messing with you... i know what you mean.:)