Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday 0 miles

I felt like running today but got busy with work and driving down to Denver to Habitat For Humanity and shopping for a door for the office. The shed is completely out of whack, every timber is out of plumb, unlevel, twisted, warped, cupped, bowed, split or just wrong. I found a door that was close to fitting but I had to cut both the bottom and top to make it fit. Hanging it took some creativity and some unethical building practices. The door is upside down- I realize that, I like it better that way. Ben will be able to reach the door knob. Look closely at the second picture and how out of plumb the studs are and how I spaced the door frame. Dr. Seuss would be proud. I tore the wall out that had the planking on it and am reframing it to make it more solid and to match the office walls and floor. I bought insulation and tomorrow should be able to start laying that in to the ceiling along with filling in all the little gaps in the walls and floor.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how awesome of an entrance. geisel would be proud.
-ds

Lucho said...

D- Wait till you see the windows I'm putting in! t