Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday 22 miles.

am) It's 8:00am and I finished my first 14 miles of the day over a half hour ago. With the weather being so nasty and my wife working this weekend my choices for runs are dwindling. No baby jogger. I don't have a treadmill but luckily my gym does have day care ($2.00 an hour) so I can run there. This morning though I chose the dark and cold streets.. the sunrise on the Flatirons was spectacular.

am) Started the treadmill run 2 hours after I finished my morning run. Not enough time to recover but just enough time to refuel effectively. I drank 1 serving of Ultra Fuel (100g CHO) and ate a bowl of corn grits.
I started out and immediately felt good so I went with it.. 8 miles total. 4 wu)then 4 miles as a progressive build starting at 6:00 pace and ending at 5:00 pace. At 5:30 pace my HR was 165 and it felt simple, at 5:00 pace my HR was 180 and I was needing to focus. Fatigue obviously plays a role in my top end speed at the moment.

3 comments:

wende said...

I'll babysit Benny, just bring him over to Aunt Wende's...

Matt said...

Treadmill is torture

Lucho said...

Wende- I'll be by later..

Matt- The treadmill isn't nearly as painful as falling short of a goal and looking back with regret at a race. ;) but I know what you mean..