Sunday, January 13, 2013

Optimus Prime cake.

It was cake time again for my son's 6th birthday party. We had 22 kids and 20 adults at the house so I knew I had to make a big cake. Ben asked for an Optimus Prime cake and 7 hours later this is what I ended up with. I ran out of time and had to rush towards the end so it's not quite what I had envisioned. The brown cake is chocolate, the white cake is red velvet and the semi is white cake. The trailer is made entirely out of graham crackers 'glued' together with frosting and covered in fondant. It was surprisingly solid.




7 comments:

RUNssel said...

How many kids does it need to finish that thing off?

Lucho said...

More than 22!

Kevin said...

Nice! Look out "Cake Boss"

GZ said...

I'd like to reserve you and your cake services now for my 20th wedding anniversary.

Lucho said...

G- You want a Transformers cake? :)

ROTWSOTR said...

Do you ship to Japan?

FatDad said...

Happy Birthday, Ben. Can't read the words 'Optimus Prime' without making the transformers noise in my head.