Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Update and Leadman thoughts

 I start to lay the cork flooring tomorrow and then I'll be done with the remodel. Bob came up and we ran 8 miles easy and chatting with 1500ft of climbing. Tomorrow I'm debating between running up and over Rollins Pass on the Continental Divide or doing a ~8k climb day on the bike. With Leadman so far out I think biking is best right now. Bob called me a hybrid athlete today... I like it. Not sure I have been this fit in October in a couple years. My strength is there, my run is solid and my biking is bad ass.
 And Leadman entry opens in 13 days. I had originally planned on waiting until January to enter but there's little doubt where I want to place my energy next year, it's all I can think about. And with that I have become extremely motivated to give everything to the 100 run, sandbagging the 100 bike and going super easy and just dipping under 9:00. An 18:00 at the 100 run will put the Leadman record WAY out there, so that will be the goal. I'm super motivated right now which is dangerous... I need snow to distract me with back country skiing for a while.
 And while waiting at Starbucks for an athlete of mine, I doodled this. It's a rough draft of how I'll approach Leadman.

6 comments:

GZ said...

Oh shit. That paper plan got me fired up.

Lucho said...

It's so funny how simple everything looks on paper. This periodization has been kicking around in my head for a while. It's a very rough draft and needs some tweaking. A 15 week marathon focus is too long for sure.

Brett said...

I see the 'No HR' parts and it makes me miss the old 10 rules of Joghard...2 of the more notable ones being:
a) HR is critical
b) HR is not important

GZ said...

PS - snow distractions ... http://vimeo.com/30799099 ... see if you recognize the ultrarunner in there.

Lucho said...

That stands for no Hardrock. Just kidding. Ya, I'll work over the winter with out it but then move back to it once things start to get more specific for the marathon. The more data points the better... always.

Lucho said...

Fantastic video GZ, thanks! The music killed! KJ didn't get much face time though. I'll guarantee that the AT skiing is part of why he dominates in the summer...